We will, at all times, process Your Information in accordance with all applicable laws.
Who are we
GLL has registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (under number ZA307562). The details of our registration are as follows:
Date registered: 15 January 2018
Registration Expires: 14 January 2019
Data Controller: Get Living London Limited
Address: Lansdowne House, Berkeley Square, London, W1J 6ER
Lawful basis for using Your Information
All organisations need a lawful reason to use Your Information, if they don’t have one, they can’t use it. We may use Your Information for reasons described below:
1 With your consent
2 To fulfil a contract
We may also process Your Information in order to fulfil a contract we have with you. For example, when you rent a home with us, we will process Your Information to administer your tenancy agreement.
3 For a legitimate interest
Sometimes we may use Your Information to help achieve our business objectives but only where that activity doesn’t negatively affect your rights. For example, we might use Your Information to analyse business performance or to send you details of special offers or other information about the GLL Group. You can object to us relying on our legitimate interest to use Your Information in these ways at any time through your account preferences on our Resident Portal or by getting in touch with us using the contact details below.
4 To comply with legal obligations
There may be situations where we need to use Your Information to comply with legal obligations. For example, we are required by law to carry out Right to Rent (R2R) checks.
What personal information we collect about you
When you register with us to find a property, we will collect personal information such as your name, your email address, your telephone number and mobile number, your postal address, you marital status, your gender and you date of birth.
When you request a viewing by filling in the form on our website, we will collect addition personal information such as your property requirements and the information you provide in the form.
When you enter in to a tenancy agreement, we will collect (in addition to the personal information described above) financial information, such as information about your assets, your bank details, credit report and transaction details about payments made from you.
We may collect sensitive (or “special category”) personal information relating to your health, for example whether or not you have a disability. We will only use this information with your consent, for example to determine whether certain of our properties may be suitable for you and for complying with health and safety requirements.
When you wish to make an enquiry by filling in the form on our website, we may collect personal information such as your title, your name, postal address and telephone number, your property requirements and the information you provide in the form.
When you contact us by any other means (e.g. email or telephone), we may keep a record of that contact and the information you provide us with at the time.
When you register with us to receive our marketing information about our services and the properties we list on our website, we will collect personal information such as your title, your name and your email address.
When you provide a review of our services, we may collect personal information such as your name and the information you provide in the review.
When you visit our website, we may collect information such as your IP address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website and any information about how you use our website and our services.
We may also collect personal information about you from publicly available sources (such as LinkedIn or other social media and Companies House).
When we engage you to provide us with your goods and services, we may collect personal information from you (or the individuals working for you) such as your name, email address, phone number, fee quotes, details of payments we make to you, your bank details and other details of goods or services we have purchased from you.
When you submit a job application to us, we will collect your contact details and any other information that you provide in the application.
We may already hold personal information about you which you have given to us previously, either online or in person (for example by completing a survey). You agree that we may update your existing records to add further information to the existing personal information we hold about you.
We may request additional information from you. We will make it clear to you what information we need in order to provide you with the information or services you have requested, and what information you can provide on a voluntary basis. In all cases, we will only request information we need to provide you with the information or service(s) you have requested.
Other Information collected via our websites and cookies
As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect information about your website usage such as information about your equipment, browsing actions and pattern. We collect this information by using cookies, server logs, and other similar technologies.
Our website uses a limited number of cookies, namely:
• Cookies which simplify the use of our website’s marketing facility;
• Cookies required by Google Analytics in order to measure your website usage and improve the experience for our visitors on an ongoing basis. These cookies collect the information about your IP address, your geolocation and your website usage, namely what pages you visit, how long you stay on each section of the website and what links you click on.
We may use data analytics to improve our website, services, marketing, customer relationship and experiences.
Links to other Websites
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our suppliers, partner networks, advertisers, affiliates and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites should have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies, the content or operation of these websites.
Please check these policies and the terms of the websites before you submit any personal information to these websites.
How we use Your Information
We will use the information we collect from you as follows:
• When you register with us to find a property, we will use Your Information to determine your requirements and your eligibility for the properties available on the basis that we have a legitimate interest to do so;
• When you request a viewing by filling in the form on our website, we will use Your Information to schedule a viewing of the property you are interested in on the basis that we have a legitimate interest to do so;
• When you enter in to a tenancy agreement with us, we will use Your Information to determine your eligibility, including your financial eligibility to rent our properties, and to carry out our obligations arising from the contract entered into between you and us;
• When we use sensitive (or “special category”) personal information, we will use it on the basis that you have given consent save where we use it for administration, audit purposes, regulatory and governance activities and compliance on the basis that we are legally required to do so;
• When you wish to make an enquiry by filling in the form on our website, we will use Your Information to provide you with information about our products and services;
• When you contact us by any other means (e.g. email or telephone), we will use Your Information to provide you with information about our products and services,
• When you register with us to receive our marketing information, we will use Your Information to send you marketing information about our products and services that may be of interest to you, information on local events, notify you about important changes or developments to our products or services, newsletters and similar marketing communications on the basis that you have consented to us processing Your Information in this way. You can always stop receiving marketing information from us at any time as these communications provide easy ways to unsubscribe;
• When you provide an online review of our services, we use Your Information to monitor our performances and improve the provision of our services;
• When you visit our website, to administer, we use Your Information support and improve the services, browsing experience and information we provide on our website;
• When we engage suppliers we use personal information about the individuals working within those organisations to carry out our obligations arising from the contract and on the basis that we have a legitimate interest to do so; and
• When you submit a job application to us, to process job applications and CVs submitted to us on the basis that we have a legitimate interest to do so (to fill vacancies and to grow our business).
We may also use Your Information to monitor for equal opportunities purposes (e.g. race, disability or religion) in accordance with the law.
Change of Purpose
We will only use Your Information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
If we need to use Your Information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process Your Information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your relationship with us.
Who we share Your Information with
We may disclose Your Information with third-parties as follows:
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share it in order to comply with any legal obligations (for example our auditors, our insurers, HMRC);
• With service suppliers who undertake processing on our behalf (for example reference and credit checks);
• With third-parties that may assist us in providing our services; and
• If you are a tenant of one of our properties, we may with your consent, provide your contact details to tradesmen or contractors who we engage to carry out repairs at the property.
How long we keep Your Information for
We only retain Your Information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period of personal information, we consider the amount, the nature and sensitivity of Your Information, the potential harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of Your Information, the purposes for which we process Your Information and whether we can achieve these purposes through.
The table below set out further details:
Circumstances in which personal data was provided How long do we keep it?
When you register with us to find a property 3 months
When you request a viewing by filling in the form on our website 3 months
When you enter in to a tenancy agreement with us 7 years after termination or expiry of your tenancy agreement
When make an enquiry by filling in the form on our website 3 months
When you contact us by any other means (e.g. email or telephone) 3 months
When you register with us to receive our marketing information Until you ask to be removed or we refresh our database to suppress dormant entries (typically on an annual basis)
When you provide an online review of our services 12 months
When you visit our website 12 months
When your personal information is on publicly available sources 3 months
When we engage you to provide us with your goods and services 7 years after termination or expiry of our contract
When you submit a job application to us 6 months
Where we store Your Information
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Some of the information you provide to us will be transmitted electronically (e.g. information provided via our website or by email). We would remind you that information transmitted via the internet is not completely secure and although we will do our best to protect any information transmitted in this way, we cannot guarantee its complete security.
We have put in place appropriate measures to prevent Your Information from being accidentally lost, accessed or used in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where possible, we try to store Your Information within the UK and European Economic Area (EEA). If we or our service providers transfer any of Your Information outside of the UK or EEA, we will always require that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect the information when it is processed.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
You have the following rights regarding Your Information:
Rights What does this mean?
The right to rectification You’re entitled to have Your Information corrected if it’s inaccurate or incomplete.
The right to erasure This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of Your Information where there’s no compelling reason for us to keep using it. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions.
The right to restrict processing You have rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of Your Information. When processing is restricted, we can still store Your Information, but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their personal information to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in future.
The right to data portability You have rights to obtain and reuse Your Information for your own purposes across different services. E.g., if you decide to switch to a new provider, this enables you to move, copy or transfer Your Information easily between our IT systems and theirs safety and securely, without affecting its usability.
The right to object You have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing (which we do only with your consent).
Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling We use technology to build profiles about you, and for you this means we may make certain assumptions about products you may be interested in and use this to send you more tailored marketing communications. We also use automated systems to select you for Customer Surveys from time to time.
Right to withdraw your consent Where we are relying on consent to process Your Information. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
Do we make automated decisions concerning you?
We use an automated decision-making system to decide which offers and surveys to send you and how often. We also use third party partners who may use your information to complete automated screening checks that are required for the contract you are entering into with us.
You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making and processing which has legal consequences for you or similarly significant effects. If you have any questions about this, please contact us by email at: email@example.com
Where possible, we try to only process your information within the UK and European Economic Area (EEA). If we or our service providers transfer personal information outside of the UK or EEA, we will always require that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect the information when it is processed.
Access to Your Information, correction and unsubscribing
• Website: http://www.getlivinglondon.com/contact
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post to the East Village branch: Get Living London, 5 Celebration Avenue, East Village, London, E20 1DB, UK; or
• Post to Elephant Central branch: Get Living London, 38 New Kent Road, Elephant & Castle London SE1 6TJ, UK.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner about the way in which we collect and use Your Information: www.ico.org.uk/concerns or telephone 0303 123 1113.
Changes to this privacy statement
This version is dated 27th June 2018.